Friday, March 25, 2016

Drawing All Night DAY 25 OF THE MARCH SOLSC #SOL16

I am participating in the Slice of Life Story Challenge (SOLSC; #SOL16) 
hosted by Two Writing Teachers
Each day for the month of March I will be posting a "Slice of Life". 
Please feel free to stop back and check out my other posts here.


M drawing new characters...all night long...
About a month ago at around midnight one night, I posted this picture of my son on Facebook. My status read: 
    M drawing new characters...all night long!

This was not the time I finally got around to posting it...it was the time I TOOK the picture. Just after midnight, and I found my 11 year old still up and hard at work. Deeply engrossed. Creating. Full of passion and joy.

This boy has always loved to draw. And, if I do say so myself, has always had some talent to go along with that love. But lately, his love is growing. His focus is growing. His skills are growing.

He draws instead of video games. He draws in the car. He draws all night long. This is passion!

I think there might be a future in this for him. Maybe someday he can illustrate a book I write!




























(Don't get me wrong...he's doing other things as well. There is no worry of too much focus or obsession or anything!)

5 comments:

  1. Wow! He is very talented. I see a very bright artistic future ahead of him. I just hope he can find an outlet for his passion. Thanks for sharing these with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krista! I love how you captured the pride you feel for your son! I think he should definitely illustrate your book!!!! Dream big you two!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Artistic talent (in one way or another) seems to run rampant in your family. It is so fun to see your own kids find and develop passions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing! I wish my son would discover some kind of passion that he'd want to pursue at midnight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun to see his passion and your joy in sharing it.

    ReplyDelete