Wednesday, March 16, 2016

The In Between...DAY 16 OF THE MARCH SOLSC

I am participating in the Slice of Life Story Challenge (SOLSC; #SOL16) 
hosted by Two Writing Teachers
Each day for the month of March I will be posting a "Slice of Life". 
Please feel free to stop back and check out my other posts here.


IN BETWEEN...In the Middle...it's been on my mind a lot lately.

Today is the middle of the month. The day IN BETWEEN the first half and the last half of the month.
It's the middle of the week...."hump day". The Day IN BETWEEN the start and the end. 

The common thought in my family would be my middle son. The one IN BETWEEN his brother & sister. Not the oldest, not the youngest. Your typical middle child trying to find his place...emotional along the way!

But my oldest is also IN BETWEEN. He's 11, in 6th grade. He's in the middle of childhood and adolescence. Emotions, uncertainties, changing friendships...He's about to enter middle school...between elementary and high school. 

And my youngest (our girl) is IN BETWEEN.  At 5 years old, she's beginning to read. She's in the middle...IN BETWEEN "I can't read" and "I can read it myself". She's struggling through the middle...confident, but uncertain. "Let me do it!" "Why aren't you helping me?!" Emotions run wild!

IN BETWEEN...In the middle...not always the most comfortable place to be. Yet, a necessary means to an end. By working through the emotional IN BETWEEN we can grow and get where we are going.

1 comment:

  1. In between! Now I'm thinking we are all in between! I'm in between right now... just finished my slice, need to stop doing things... almost going to bed! It would be an interesting question to ask people -- what are you in between?

    ReplyDelete