Monday, March 28, 2016

Flooded with Ideas DAY 28 OF THE MARCH SOLSC #SOL16

I am participating in the Slice of Life Story Challenge (SOLSC; #SOL16) 
hosted by Two Writing Teachers
Each day for the month of March I will be posting a "Slice of Life". 
Please feel free to stop back and check out my other posts here.


On the 28th consecutive day of writing, you'd think I would be all out of ideas...a barren desert of thoughts. But rather, I find myself with a dessert buffet of thoughts before me! So many ideas, but so little time!

I could write about my writing life...but I don't have enough time right now to lay all of that out...I'll save that for another day!

I could write about my goal of walking regularly to increase my distance & speed...but today that post would just talk about...well, let's just say my Fitbit is rather low on steps lately! Maybe after this writing challenge I'll put myself on a walking challenge! Oooh, that's not a bad idea!

Clearly, I could write about my constant procrastination and running to try to be on time! Seeing as it is 8:20pm and today's writing needs to be posted by 8:59 (the joy of now being a West Coaster...yet another thing having me missing my East Coast roots! Oh that's something else I could write about!) 

This is the story of my life...I am regularly rushing out the door each morning screaming at my kids to hurry up & not forget their lunch. It's not uncommon to see me running in to my coaching appointments with teachers, thankful when they need to drop off their class or make that last photocopy before we meet. Just this afternoon, I scrambled to get my daughter in to her dance class, yet again missing half of class because I was trying to get that one last thing done before getting into traffic to go pick her up. 

Earlier during the month, I wrote about needed to develop or tighten up our systems in my house to try to help us become more efficient and less rushed...That is definitely still a work in progress. One of those systems might need to be improving my minute by minute calendaring skills along with an adjustment of how much I think I can get done in a given amount of time. This month of writing has been great, so writing will be one of the first things I calendar out for myself (I'll need to include that walking on there too!) Maybe in April, though, the writing will wait until after 9:00!

For now, I accept that I am a procrastinator...but am still posting this with 20 minutes to spare! =)

3 comments:

  1. You made it with time to spare! I hope you will use all your "leftover" ideas to slice each Tuesday during the rest of the year. Somehow that weekly commitment makes me think like a writer the rest of the week too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a procrastinator with ideas! I am also a procrastinator with few ideas. I often stare at a blank screen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A slice with glimpses at possible slices.

    ReplyDelete