Sunday, March 5, 2017

Enjoying the Enjoyment #SOL17 Day 5

I am participating in the Slice of Life Story Challenge (SOLSC; #SOL17) 
hosted by Two Writing Teachers
Each day for the month of March I will be posting a "Slice of Life". 
Please feel free to stop back and check out my other posts here.



It's Sunday evening. The weekend is coming to a close. But I'm still relishing in the enjoyment that surrounds me.

Earlier I napped on the couch while my oldest son drew in his beloved sketchpad and my younger two played a board game with Daddy. Bliss! We were all together in the same space. All enjoying restful activities and enjoying our day off. It was peaceful- not rushing around and feeling stressed. It was quiet-no one yelling, or crying, or arguing. I cherish these moments and need to capture them and hold onto that feeling- fleeting and far between as it may be.

And yet, now as I type, I am enjoying a second moment in one day!

My daughter is upstairs playing...aside from a few random rustles as she walks past the stairs you could forget she's even there! She is happy, content, and engrossed in her world. My boys are sitting around the living room. My middle son is playing the Wii...and his dad & brother have taken up residence on opposite couches as coaches of sorts. They are narrating, planning, strategizing, and encouraging- all while laughing, yelling, and cringing right along with him!

These are the moments.

We need more of these...

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful when you just have time at home? And even better, with your family in a relaxed time! My Sunday was also a rare quiet day at home, but all by myself, which never happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes.... so wonderful!!!! I'm so happy you were able to enjoy this time with your family all in one space.

    ReplyDelete