Saturday, March 11, 2017

Saturday Satisfaction #SOL17 Day 11


I am participating in the Slice of Life Story Challenge (SOLSC; #SOL17) 
hosted by Two Writing Teachers
Each day for the month of March I will be posting a "Slice of Life". 
Please feel free to stop back and check out my other posts here.


This morning my daughter and I set off for our "girl date" (as she likes to call it when the boys are off doing their own thing and she has me to herself).

First stop- Panera for our own personal "Pastries with Parents" (the name of a special morning event which I missed at school this week...I promised I'd make it up to her). We shared a blueberry muffin and a cinnamon crunch bagel- yummy!

Then we hurried to get to our hair appointment on time. Regular color and cut for me. My little bit needed her bangs trimmed and surprised us all with yesterday's announcement that she also wanted her hair cut. So, about 4 inches came off the back of her hair- short enough to notice a difference, but long enough to still go up in a ponytail and manage a bun for ballet! It looks cute...and I'm interested to see how it looks once we wash it & style it at home!

A few errands and then to lunch. A surprise twist to the day was getting to meet up with dad & brothers for lunch after they finished up with their morning scout event. The entire family out to lunch on a Saturday is RARE for us, so that was a nice treat. After lunch we sent dad home on his own and the boys joined us for the rest of our adventure.

Our last stop was one of our favorites which we haven't hit for awhile- the bookstore! My daughter loves going to Barnes & Noble for storytime. I love sitting among the books and enjoying as many as I can while we're there- a chance to check out what new & exciting in the world of kidlit. We had to miss storytime because of the morning's other plans, but were looking forward to enjoying some books on our own. We were pleasantly surprised to find some special events going on, so in addition to book browsing the kids got to do STEM challenges and a Lego build.

It's been a long day, and I'd be lying if I said everyone was happy, positive, and cooperative for the whole thing! But, I choose to focus on the pleasure and joy in what we got to  do together. I choose to focus on the togetherness and enjoyment we shared. I choose to focus on the satisfaction of having this family time on a Saturday.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a perfect Saturday to me! Glad you got to enjoy it with your little!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful busy Saturday! I'm glad you are focusing on the enjoyment. That's what I try to do when I take all the kids out. It's never perfect...but it's always lucky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many slices consolidated and composed together. I would love to hear the haircut bit as told side by side from each of your perspectives.

    ReplyDelete