Thursday, March 9, 2017

Mommy Are You Listening? #SOL17 Day 9

I am participating in the Slice of Life Story Challenge (SOLSC; #SOL17) 
hosted by Two Writing Teachers
Each day for the month of March I will be posting a "Slice of Life". 
Please feel free to stop back and check out my other posts here.


It's always amazing how our kids demand our attention as soon as we are busy with other things.

We were waiting for the boys to finish up at scouts tonight. My alarm reminding me to post this blog post went off. Other parents came in and began a conversation with me. And THAT'S when my daughter says, "Mommy, I'm going to read this book to you!"

I told her I would listen with one ear, as I attempted to begin writing and continue the grown up conversation.

"Mommy, are you REALLY listening?!"

Yep, she caught me! As much as I might be able to multi-task, this attempt may have been a bit much. But, I tried my best. I tuned in to hear her read about what pigs eat and drink and to announce that they must be mammals since they drink milk from their mother. Apparently they started learning about mammals in 1st grade today.

So, I was really listening. I heard her. I learned about what she's learning about. And I got a slice out of it as well!

Yes, baby, I'm listening!

1 comment:

  1. I hear you! We are always so busy! We try to do so many things well. It's great that you were able to listen to your daughter read and write a slice out of it, as well. BTW, pigs are really fascinating animals!

    ReplyDelete